Saturday, August 16, 2008

Deadly Combo

Once I saw how useful it was to be familiar with the stocks of the former runners I knew I had a lot of work to do. Just remembering them from seeing them run wasn't fast enough so I went to Stockfetcher and backfiltered the Deadly Combo scan that 13th_FLOOR has posted on greenonthescreen in his "I'm Gonna Try" post. I spent a whole weekend on it and came up with a list of about 500-600 stocks. The interesting thing that came out of it was seeing the ones that came up over and over again month after month. These I started calling "elite" combo stocks although any of them have the potential to take off. I haven't memorized the entire list but I use it as a filter for Trade Ideas. I'll write a separate post on that since I've set it up in parallel with the hod list so it functions as a hod/lod list just for combo stocks.

Brian from chat did the backfilter as well. He even neatly ranked them by number of appearances! His list is prettier than mine! 




This list is more than a month old so I'm sure RDN is at the top now. ABK and PMI were already near the top even before the recent financial volatility.

No comments: