Wednesday, December 24, 2008

What I've been doing over the holidays

1-  Going over all the chat logs to make lists of all the stocks in play
2- Going over all the chat logs to chart the premarket leaders looking to see how they played long and short
3- vomiting violently due to some mysterious virus
4- trading occasionally (here is SIL from today (unrealized))


5- reading Brian Shannon's great book
6- reading another great book from Brett Steenbarger (I will post about later)
7- taking care of my wife who is vomiting violently from the virus that I gave her
8- tweaking my "7 monitor set up" (hehe)
9- complaining about the lack of borrows from IB (really!)

The situation has really been quite comical. After I got ill at my parents' house (after spending 3 days at my wife's parents'), unable to even get out of bed, then my wife got sick, causing us to delay our flight back, only to have the plumbing blow up forcing us to retreat to a hotel at the airport (where I'm writing this). We will try to fly out tomorrow. It's amazing I was even able to trade today.

Speaking of IB, it's awesome of course. But I can't believe given my extremely limited trading, that already on 2 shorts I tried to get, EPIX and HPSO, I was denied... I know nothing is perfect, but geez... maybe this means I'm just too slow...

How has everyone else's vacation been?

** UPDATE

I had to update the picture 4 times because my SIL profit kept going up in afterhours, hehe 

1 comment:

Walter Sobchak said...

SIL AH = $$$ awesome trade vento hope you feel better